Sunday 14 June 2009

Small change


Where do you get your ideas, people ask and I say, I find them in the street, like money.


We went for a walk in the park, sat on a bench and watched the water glitter. There, under the bench, was an idea. I picked it up and slipped it in my bag. Another idea was left lying near the gate. I bent and grabbed, quickly, before anyone else noticed.

Later, in a coffeeshop, I found an idea just laying on the table next to the sugar. Maybe the people who had just left intended to leave it as a tip. Too late, it's mine now.

Then, an evening drink at a student cafe. Spontanous guitar sessions, hot orange juice and amaretto. And a wonderful, shiny idea, just sitting there, in the middle. I bent, grabbed and slipped. It was glued to the ground. Everyone laughed. I smiled, nodded and shrugged.

There is always tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. :) - It was a great one too. Now, what was it again... what was it...

    ReplyDelete